Summer Camp at the Walters
"I absolutely love this camp! I felt my child was spoiled rotten with art and kindness."
— Summer Camp Parent
- Check back in January for information about our Summer 2015 camps!
- 1st-5th Grades (Ages 6-10)
- Full Day | Regular: $375, Member: $250 per week
- Morning Only* | Regular: $200, Member: $125 per week
Summer Art Camp at the Walters offers kids entering grades 1–5 a unique and fun-filled summer experience! Join us as we explore art techniques, cultural themes, and art in everyday life through gallery visits, art projects, and collaborative activities. At the end of each week we will celebrate with art exhibitions and presentations. Choose from five weekly sessions (camps are sold by the week) with morning or full day options. All camps are taught by professional artists and museum educators.
- 6th-12th Grades (Ages 11-18)
- Price | Regular: $375.00, Member: $250.00 per week
Artist’s Studio Experience Summer Art Camp at the Walters offers students entering grades 6–12 a unique and fun-filled opportunity to work with a local practicing artist. Join us as we explore art techniques, cultural themes, and art in everyday life through gallery visits, art projects, and collaborative projects. Each week, participants will also see examples of the teaching artists' portfolio and have the opportunity to converse about art careers, portfolio development, and the vast applications of art. Magnet school students may work toward completing summer art requirements and all participants will build a portfolio of 2-D and 3-D artwork. At the end of each week, students will prepare an art exhibition and presentation. Choose from two weekly sessions (camps are sold by the week). All camps are taught by professional artists and museum educators.
NEW this summer: Before & After Care is included! Families can now drop-off campers between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. and pick-up between 4:00 and 5:30 p.m. During these times, museum educators will lead participants in educational games and drawing activities.
Before Care: 8:30–9:00 a.m.
Scheduled camp activities: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Camp activities for morning only (grades 1-5): 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
After Care: 4:00–5:30 p.m.
* Mornings will focus on theme introductions, gallery visits, and in-depth art projects that will be created throughout the week. Afternoons will continue the week’s theme with different art projects, gallery visits, theme-related games, and collaborative activities.
For additional information, please call (410) 547-9000, ext. 300 or email family programs.
Upcoming Summer Camp Programs