Conservation Division Assistant (PT 32 hrs per week)
Job Location : Conservation
The Walters Art Museum has an immediate need for an individual to provide administrative support for the Conservation and Technical Research Division, and coordinating activities for members of the Divisional staff.
- Maintaining, updating and monitoring budgets by tracking income and expenses; inputting budget numbers, processing invoices and tracking expenses.
- Facilitating communication within the Division and other divisions and supporting public outreach by organizing a work schedule for the public conservation widow; facilitating communication of information on the window to the public;
- Placing conservation/science information on the museum website; maintaining a master calendar for the Division and scheduling/coordinating meetings; answering telephone, filing and email inquiring and responding to questions and giving referrals to the public.
- Facilitating the operation efficiency of the Division by maintaining access to current conservation/science literature, ongoing up to date treatment and research, ordering publications, materials and supplies; preventive maintenance to include monitoring and tracking lab equipment certification.
- Coordinating preservation of conservation documentation to create a permanent record for future treatment and research by organizing, scanning and digitizing conservation records; entering conservation records in the museum databases and data management system.
- Creating databases and spreadsheets for conservation information; providing computer/technical assistance to the division.
- Tracking staff time and attendance; maintaining the master calendar for the Division.
- Organizing and maintaining the Conservation library;
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of changes in office space, library, storage systems, etc. to meet current and future needs;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be an AA degree with a minimum of 3 years secretarial experience; familiarity with scientific terms desirable.
- Must be attentive to details; possess strong written and verbal communication, organizational, proofreading, math, and organizational skills.
- Good telephone, interpersonal and customer service skills; able to interact with people at all levels.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access at the intermediate level. Must be able to work 32 hours per week, 4 days per week from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, email your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com. Application end date is December 13, 2013. An EOE/A drug and alcohol free environment.
- NO CALLS PLEASE