Security Officer - Evening Shift
Job Location : Administration & Operations
Security Officer: We have an immediate opening for an individual to work in the Security Department on the Evening Shift (4:00pm to 12:00 am). Responsibilities include:
• Monitoring the security of galleries and specific entry and exit points using CCTV cameras, detection devices, access control systems; environmental control alarm system, security access control computer for alarms and making proper notification to appropriate supervisor and/or other staff.
• Answering the telephone and radio transmissions; monitoring the activity of the Security staff in and around the museum to ensure safety, and alert the security supervisor to areas in need of special attention; placing emergency calls as directed to fire, police and other emergency agencies; and serving as the communications hub for the museum;
• Controlling access to the building from the Loading Dock; patrolling the museum checking for fire/safety hazards, vandalism, suspicious activity/improper behavior, and reports all unusual incidents to the security supervisor; responding to security, fire/safety, and other hazardous situations as directed;
• Providing professional customer service to visitors and staff; assisting the security supervisor in controlling incidents; preparing incident reports as required.
• H.S. diploma/GED; at least one (1) year of previous experience in the security field and having sound knowledge of the security principles, practices, and procedures.
• Familiarity with monitoring and controlling alarm systems, CCTV, security and fire alarm systems, and 2-way radio communications and other communication systems; background in preparing incident reports and use of computers and office software.
• Able to multi-task, properly assess and respond to emergency situations and take appropriate actions while performing under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal, public relations and written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate and work with staff at all levels as well as representatives from outside agencies.
• Able to walk for a long period of time and walk up and down stairs in order to make security and safety patrols throughout the museum campus.
• Flexibility to work as Essential Personnel; overtime and criminal background check required.
We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. An EOE/A smoke and drug free environment.
- NO CALLS PLEASE