Museum Docents Love to Talk About Art
Website for Docents
Walters docents have access to a special online site for trading information, schedules and more. Docents, log in here.
Docents are formally trained museum guides that introduce the collection to both students and adults. Docents are art history generalists and are trained to know the entire permanent collection. They give curriculum-structured tours to students and tours of the collection and special exhibitions to the general public. Docents have diverse backgrounds, but all have a desire to share their love of art with using interactive teaching techniques.
We are not recruiting docents at this time. If you are interested in becoming a docent, check back later.
Benefits of being a Walters' Docent
- Great satisfaction in opening new worlds and experiences to students
- Opportunity for continuing education to expand one's knowledge of the permanent collection and our special exhibitions
- Attend museum symposia and lectures for free
- Participation in the Docent Book Club, the Docent Executive Committee, and various committees
- Opportunity to take group trips to museums in Maryland, DC and, Pennsylvania.