Museum Store Volunteers
The Museum Store volunteers provide many services to our patrons. They assist with the selection and purchase of merchandise, maintain the neat appearance of the store and price and restock merchandise. Our volunteers also provide information about the museum and the collections, as well as general information about the surrounding Baltimore areas.
- A positive and upbeat personality
- An interest in and willingness to learn about art
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn POS computer and retail skills
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be tactful under pressure
- Dependable, accountable and trustworthy
- Neat appearance
Training and Commitment
Volunteers are trained in store procedures along with continuing on-the-job training as exhibitions and renovations occur. Volunteers commit to working two four hour shifts per month for one year. Shifts are 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Fill out our online application. For further information, please contact:
Manager of Volunteer & Internship Programs
410-547-9000, ext. 281