"I've had the best day of my life." - 4 year old birthday child
"This was the easiest birthday party to plan! With the paper products and goody bags prepared, we could focus on having fun at the event rather than what was forgotten/missing." - Birthday Parent
Amazing art activities and inspiring gallery adventures make birthdays at the Walters Art Museum truly memorable!
All birthday parties are for children ages 4-10, last two hours, and include 90 minutes of hands-on experiences that includes a tour and art activities, followed by a 30-minute birthday celebration.
- Ages: 4-10
- Price: Members $300; non-members $360
- Maximum number of children: 15, including birthday child
- One adult chaperone is required for every 5 children; there is no charge for chaperones. Maximum of 30 guests total.
- The museum provides plates, utensils, napkins, and juice
- Please bring your own cake; refrigeration is not available
- Price includes a goody bag for every child
- A 50% deposit must be received upon reservation of the party date. The final bill must be paid the day of the party.
- Cancellation Policy: No deposits will be refunded for cancellations made less than five business days prior to the party. In case of emergency, the museum will reschedule the party to a day and time convenient for both the customer and the museum. A $25 administrative fee will be deducted from all cancellations.
Choose From One of the Following Fun-Filled Party Themes
NEW! Hunt for the Pirate's Prize
Ahoy Matey! Get yer sea legs on and search for a special treasure in The Walters’ collection that once rode the high seas on a pirate ship! Then go below deck to the studios and create a sparkling prize of your own.
NEW! Mythological Make-Believe
There are mythological creatures loose in the museum! They have the heads of one animal and the tails of another! How many will you find? Count them up, then create your own mixed-up creature puppet in the studio.
Quest for the Mummy
Explore Ancient Egypt like never before! Discover Egyptian gods and goddesses, hieroglyphs, and mummies among the treasures of the Walters, then create your own secret messages and a mummy!
The King is Coming!
Travel back to the time of kings, and queens, and knights in shining armor! Learn how people of the Middle Ages lived, worked and played, then create your own piece of medieval art. Can be customized for little princesses!
A great choice for our youngest party animals! Go on a safari adventure and act like an animal--then create your own animal art.
Add more fun with Waltee! For an additional fee, our cuddly lion cub mascot, Waltee, will visit the party and enchant children by delivering his own present to the birthday girl or boy!
Birthday parties are available on the weekends only and must be reserved at least six weeks in advance.
To reserve a party or for more information, call 410-547-9000, ext. 323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.