FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, May 10, 2010
Mona M. Rock
(410) 547-9000, ext. 277
Presented in partnership with the BCCC's Refugee Youth Project (RYP)
• Multi-cultural art activities
• Refugee and immigrant youth art on display
• Healing through Expression, an Advocates for Survivors of Tourture & Trauma exhibition
• Crossing Borders, an exhibition of photography created by Patterson High School Students, in partnership with Vision Workshops
• Family-oriented films about refugees and immigrants
• RYP and Friends’ talent show, Talents from Around the World!
• Meet representatives from Baltimore refugee and immigrant social service organizations to learn more about refugees and immigrants in Baltimore.
The Refugee Youth Project is a Baltimore City Community College program that provides after school academic support and art enrichment programming to Baltimore refugee youth. For the past four years, the Walters has partnered with the RYP to enhance programming through field trips to the museum and outreach projects. To celebrate the end of another successful year of partnership, the RYP and the Walters present International Family Day.
WHERE: The Walters Art Museum
The Walters Art Museum is located near MTA bus lines (Nos. 3, 11, 31, 61, and 64) and the Centre Street Light Rail stop.
WHEN: Sunday, June 13, 12–¬3 p.m.
MEDIA CONTACT: Amy Mannarino, 410-547-9000, ext. 277, email@example.com or www.thewalters.org.
PHOTO CREDIT: The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore