Summer Art Camp at The Walters
"I absolutely love this camp! I felt my child was spoiled rotten with art and kindness."Summer Camp Parent
Our 1st-5th grade summer camps feature:
- 5 weekly sessions to choose from (camps are sold by week)
- Multiple age groups offered in same week
- Morning only* or full day class options
- Art techniques and cultural themes explored through gallery visits, art projects, children's literature, and theater activities
Camper exhibition and portfolio sharing days
Summer Art Camp @ the Walters, 1st-5th Grade (Ages 6-10)
- Full Day, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- Members: $210,
- Non-Members: $360 per week
- Morning Only* 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Members: $110
- Non-Members: $190 per week
* Mornings will focus on theme introductions, gallery visits, and in-depth art projects that will be created throughout the week. Afternoons will continue the week’s theme with different art projects, gallery visits, theme-related games, and collaborative activities.
The Artist's Studio Experience, 6th-12th Grade (Ages 11-18)
The Artist’s Studio Experience offers 6th-12th graders the opportunity to work with a local practicing artist from a specialized field of fine art. Participants will discover art techniques used throughout history and learn about art terms and artists specific to the week’s theme as they create their own works of art. Each week, participants will also see examples of the teaching artist’s portfolio, and have the opportunity to converse about art careers, portfolio development, and the vast applications of art. Magnet school students may work toward completing summer art requirements, and all participants will work to build an art portfolio. A great summer experience for young artists!
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Members: $170
For additional information or to register by phone, please call (410) 547-9000, ext. 300.