School Outreach Program
- are FREE for in-state students!
- prepare students and build excitement for the museum field trip
- enhance school curricula
- are led by professional museum educators who come to your school
- are available for most school tours
- include a hands-on activity and discussion
- can be further extended with a studio experience at the museum
About the Visits
- Visits are available September through June and last 45-60 minutes
- Teachers must be present during all presentations
- Visits are limited to schools within a 50-mile radius of the museum*
- A minimum of 15 students must be present for an educator to visit your school
- Educators are available to come to your schools on Mondays and Tuesdays. Museum visits typically take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Some Outreach visits are not available for all grade levels
- A limited number of bus stipends are available for Maryland Title I schools. If eligible, please indicate your request on your form and we will contact you. You will not automatically receive a stipend if you request one
To book a school outreach and accompanying museum trip and studio experience, please fill out the tour request form and check the appropriate boxes. An educator will contact you to schedule your classroom visit and museum experience.
Confirmation letters for Outreach will arrive by email once your classroom and museum trip have been scheduled.
Trunk Program: Walters Across Maryland:
Walters Across Maryland is a museum-school partnership designed to serve schools within the state of Maryland beyond the 50 mile radius of the museum.