Part Time Lead Sales Assistant/Third Key
Job Location: Museum Store
The Walters Art Museum seeks a dynamic and energetic individual to work in its retail operation as a part time Lead Sales Assistant/Third Key to provide a high level of customer service to the Museum Store visitors and assuring the daily operation of the Museum Store in management’s absence. Reporting to the Manager of Retail Operations, the individual will have responsibility for:
- Opening and closing the Museum Store.
- Issuing cash drawers and accurate processing of sales in the POS system.
- Greeting staff and assigning tasks as set by management.
- Completing routine cash procedures and reconciles end of day.
- Assisting with pricing and re-stocking of merchandise as needed.
- Processing mail and phone orders.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service to maximize sales and profitability; addresses visitor inquiries by conveying information about Museum events, exhibits, art collections, local restaurants, etc. and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school (AA preferred), and 3 years retail experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; a team player and able to work professionally with the public.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a POS system.
- Must be able to work 16 – 20 hours per week. Work schedule is normally Sunday from 9:30am to 5:30pm and some Thursdays. May occasionally be required to fill in during the week.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. A smoke and drug free workplace.
- NO CALLS PLEASE
The Walters Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug and smoke free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at will employer.