Part Time Sales Assistant
Job Location: Retail Operations
The Walters Art Museum has an immediate need in its retail operation for a part time Sales Assistant to provide a high level of customer service to the Museum Store visitors.
- Conduct all sales transactions on the POS system including cash, credit card, checks, mail orders, returns etc.
- Assure attractive displays; assists with pricing and restocking of merchandise.
- Prepare and process mail and phone orders; perform light office work.
- Address visitor inquiries by conveying information about Museum events, exhibits, art collections, local restaurants, etc., and perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate, plus 2 years retail and cash handling experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; a team player and able to work professionally with the public.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a POS system.
- Must have a flexible schedule and able to work pm Thursdays and Sundays; may occasionally be required to fill in during the week.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A drug and smoke free workplace.
- NO CALLS PLEASE
The Walters Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug and smoke free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at will employer.