The Beverage Cart Assistant plays an important customer service role by interfacing with visitors and members as part of our museum’s food service program. This amenity operates out of the Conservatory located in 1 West Mount Vernon Place providing beverages and light snacks to our museum guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up beverage cart with appropriate number of beverages and snacks each day. Performs checks on all inventory to assure turn and freshness.
- Stocks ice, napkins, cups and other supplies needed for daily sales.
- Knowledgeable of products, their prices and ingredients in order to answer customer questions and assure maximum sales.
- Keeps cart clean and organized and replenishes inventory and supplies as needed.
- Alerts supervisor to any problems or issues.
- Keeps table and chairs in Conservatory cleaned and straightened.
- Closes cart at day end, ensures proper storage of all inventory Locks away all supplies and empties ice bin.
- Willing to cross-train in Walters Café as needed.
- Ensures accurate processing of all cash and credit card sales transactions in the POS system.
- Completes daily reconciliation of cash drawers with end of day manifest. Retains all paperwork related to sales and inventory.
- Prepares deposit/POS paperwork for review by supervisor.
- Assures cash drawers and daily deposits are placed in appropriate safe.
- Takes inventory as needed to alert supervisor for reorders.
- Follows assigned schedules and ensures accurate processing of time card
Maintains Excellent Customer Service Skills:
- Greets customer in friendly manner with a smile.
- Acknowledges customer by promptly giving them efficient and attentive service.
- Expertly handles all types of inquiries re: facilities, directions, museum exhibits and more.
- Communicates to supervisor any customer inquiries, best sellers, suggestions, issues and more.
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance and wears Walters ID badge at all times
Education: Minimum Requirement: High School/GED
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in Food/Retail
Knowledge: Familiar with general operation of food service. Willing to learn basic museum facts to assist customers
Skills: Proven customer service ability. Excellent communication and organizational skills
Abilities: Able to lift 50 lbs. Able to complete light housekeeping duties. Willing to learn and adapt to new situations
For consideration, your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace.