This intern will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of how various departments function in a non profit environment by working with the Director of Building Operations, Facilities Manager and Senior Lighting Technician to preserve the museum buildings and art collection.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with capital projects (i.e. exterior building repairs); and learn museum building maintenance systems to ensure Equipment Preventative maintenance is performed on scheduled intervals.
- Learn how to manage construction projects by assisting and monitoring vendor repairs and the cleanliness of the exterior and interior of the Museum buildings.
- Assist the Senior Lighting Technician with repairs and new lighting installations for the Museum exhibitions.
- Understand how to read blueprints and construction specifications.
- Assist the Director of Building Operations with various duties as assigned.
- Some knowledge and understanding of electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Intermediate understanding of blue prints and design drawings
Preferred Major or Areas of Study:
- Facilities Management