The Walters Art Museum has an immediate opening in our Security Department for a Gallery Officer on the dayshift; core work schedule is 9:15am to 5:15pm, Wednesday through Sunday. The individual will have responsibility for preparing the galleries for daily operation, monitoring activities in the Museum and implementing museum procedures as needed.
- Patrolling the galleries to provide safe environment for the museum buildings, the collection, staff and visitors; detecting and reporting safety hazards, improper behavior, ill or injured persons and taking immediate action against conditions which may cause damage, injury or interference with normal museum operations and reporting unusual incidents to the Security Supervisor.
- Protecting the security of the art to ensure proper care by observing and inspecting the condition of the artwork; preparing the galleries for daily operation and operational issues and damages to the Supervisor
- Interacting with the visitors by providing information, facilitating special needs situations, as necessary and implementing museum procedures.
- Working special events as needed; monitoring the event activities and enforcing the Special Events policy when necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- S. diploma/GED; at least one (1) year of previous experience in a customer service environment; some security background a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to document details in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and public relations skills. Must be a team player, and able to effectively communicate with visitors and staff at all levels, as well as representatives from outside agencies.
- Must be attentive and alert; able to evaluate problems, determine causes of events and respond to all types of emergencies calmly when performing under pressure.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a long period of time; requires walking up and down stairs.
- Requires flexibility to work hours as the position is considered Essential Personnel; some overtime required.
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, subsidized Transportation & Parking, Museum Membership, Short Term Disability, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), 457b Retirement, and free professional Financial Management Counseling.
For consideration, your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace.