The Walters Art Museum has an immediate full time opening for a Monitor Room/Gallery Officer to work on the Dayshift, Wednesday thru Sunday: Gallery from 9:15am-5:15pm or Monitor Room as needed from 8:00am–4:00pm.
- Patrolling the galleries to provide a safe environment for the visitors and staff; detecting and reporting safety hazards, improper behavior, ill or injured persons. Providing professional customer service and interacting with the visitors by providing information, facilitating special needs situations, implementing museum procedures, and preparing incident reports as required.
- Protecting the security of the art to ensure proper care by observing and inspecting the condition of the artwork.
- Monitoring the security of galleries and specific entry and exit points using CCTV cameras, detection devices, access control systems; environmental control alarm system, security access control computer for alarms and making proper notification to appropriate supervisor and/or other staff. Controlling access to the building from the Loading Dock; patrolling the museum checking for fire/safety hazards, vandalism, and suspicious activity.
- Answering the telephone and radio transmissions; monitoring the activity of the Security staff in and around the museum to ensure safety, alerting the security supervisor to areas in need of special attention; placing emergency calls as directed to fire, police and other emergency agencies; serving as the communications hub for the museum, and performing other duties as assigned.
- S. diploma/GED; at least two (2) years of previous experience in a customer service environment with some security background.
- Familiarity with monitoring and controlling alarm systems, CCTV, security and fire alarm systems, and 2-way radio communications and other communication systems; background in preparing incident reports and use of computers and office software. Knowledgeable of the security principles, practices, and procedures.
- Must be attentive and alert and able to multi-task; must be able to evaluate and assess causes of events and properly respond to emergency situations calmly in order to take appropriate action while performing under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; able to document details in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, public relations and written and verbal communication skills; must be a team player and able to work and communicate effectively with visitors and staff at all levels, including representatives from outside agencies.
- Able to walk for a long period of time and walk up and down stairs in order to make security and safety patrols throughout the museum campus.
- Requires flexibility to work as the position is considered Essential Personnel; some overtime required.
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, subsidized Transportation & Parking, Museum Membership, Short Term Disability, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), 457b Retirement, and free professional Financial Management Counseling.
For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free environment.