Every Saturday and Sunday, 1–2 p.m.
No registration required.
The galleries at The Walters hold amazing works of art, but did you know that the museum building itself is pretty incredible? In partnership with Doors Open Baltimore, explore architecture at The Walters, both within works of art and in the structure of the building itself, with a particular focus on the newly renovated 1 West Mount Vernon Place building.
These free tours feature unique themes and aspects of the museum’s extensive collection and are open to visitors of all ages. On the first Saturday of each month, the Walters offers a free tour in Spanish from 1 to 2 p.m.
- 6 Historias escondidas de 1 West Mount Vernon Place (Hidden histories of 1 West Mount Vernon Place)
- 7 Art of Architecture
- 13 No tour scheduled due to The Walters Gala & Party
- 14 Japanese Woodblock Prints: The Art of Collaboration
- 20 Skulls and Bones
- 21 The Walters Family at Mount Vernon Place
- 27 Transformation: Art of the Americas
- 28 Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
- 3 Querer ser divino: Arte de las Américas (Divine Desire: Art of the Americas)
- 4 Ceramics at 1 West Mount Vernon Place
- 10 Decoded: Symbols in Art
- 11 Japanese Woodblock Prints: The Art of Collaboration
- 17 The Body Politic: Art and Political Life
- 18 Pots, Pans, and Pantries: A Cooking Tour
- 24 Small Objects, Big Voices
- 25 Chamber of Wonders
- 1 Navidad que Vuelve (Christmas Story in Art)
- 2 Listen! Music and Instruments in Art
- 8 Light’s On, Light’s Off: The Artist’s Use of Light
- 9 Judaica through the Ages
- 15 Party Like It’s 1899: 19th-Century Entertaining
- 16 Christmas Story in Art
- 22 Divine Women
- 23 Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!
- 29 Fashion in Art
- 30 Landscapes
Walk-in, Walk-in Tour