Every Saturday and Sunday, 1–2 p.m.
No registration required.
Explore the Day of the Dead and its traditions throughout the Americas. See what visitors have contributed to the Day of the Dead altar/ofrenda at the museum and consider how other cultures have honored the dead throughout the world.
These free tours feature unique themes and aspects of the museum’s extensive collection and are open to visitors of all ages. On the first Saturday of each month, the Walters offers a free tour in Spanish from 1 to 2 p.m.
- 6 Historias escondidas de 1 West Mount Vernon Place (Hidden histories of 1 West Mount Vernon Place)
- 7 Art of Architecture
- 13 No tour scheduled due to The Walters Gala & Party
- 14 Japanese Woodblock Prints: The Art of Collaboration
- 20 Skulls and Bones
- 21 The Walters Family at Mount Vernon Place
- 27 Transformation: Art of the Americas
- 28 Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
- 3 Querer ser divino: Arte de las Américas (Divine Desire: Art of the Americas)
- 4 Ceramics at 1 West Mount Vernon Place
- 10 Decoded: Symbols in Art
- 11 Japanese Woodblock Prints: The Art of Collaboration
- 17 The Body Politic: Art and Political Life
- 18 Pots, Pans, and Pantries: A Cooking Tour
- 24 Small Objects, Big Voices
- 25 Chamber of Wonders
- 1 Navidad que Vuelve (Christmas Story in Art)
- 2 Listen! Music and Instruments in Art
- 8 Light’s On, Light’s Off: The Artist’s Use of Light
- 9 Judaica through the Ages
- 15 Party Like It’s 1899: 19th-Century Entertaining
- 16 Christmas Story in Art
- 22 Divine Women
- 23 Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!
- 29 Fashion in Art
- 30 Landscapes
Dia de los Muertos, Walk-in, Walk-in Tour