FREE; RSVP below
Enter through the doors on Charles Street.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Holly at 410-558-3167.
Creative Alliance and the Baltimore Resettlement Center present World Refugee Day at the Walters Art Museum. An international showcase celebrates Baltimore as the proud home to phenomenally talented refugees and immigrants! Bmore’s favorite beat boxer, Shodekeh, opens with students of Refugee Youth Project. Sokoja Kondorka, musician from Darfur, sings in native masalit and fur languages. Traditional Chin dancing from Myanmar tells stories through angular hand and joint movements. Eritrean musicians move you to African beats!
Refugee service organization representatives
1-3 p.m., Sculpture Court
- Visual art exhibition by Refugee Youth Project and Torture Abolition and Survivor Support Coalition
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Level 2 Lobby
- Family Art-Activities
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Studio A, Indian Elephant Shadow Puppets
- 1-3 p.m., Studio B, Kites from the Orient
- Indigenous Kurdish music by Ghazi Kurdistani, Ali Omar and Halgurd Omar of Kurdistan
- 1-1:30p.m., Sculpture Court
- Performances in the Graham Auditorium
- Baltimore City Community College's Refugee Youth Project students.
- Sokoja Kondorka, musician from Darfur, sings in native Masalit and Fur languages.
- Traditional Chin dancing from Myanmar tells stories through angular hand and joint movements.
- Eritrean dancers move you to African beats.
- Beatboxing by Shodekeh