Saturday, November 8, 2014
Travel back in time to explore the lives of William and Henry Walters. Meet the founding family and experience what their lives were like! Collect and curate your very own art collection inspired by our special exhibition, From Rye to Raphael: The Walters Story. Special guests will use music, puppetry, video, and storytelling to immerse you in the world of the Walters family! Visit our newly installed galleries to celebrate family traditions and Baltimore history!
Look for Waltee, the Walters’ beloved lion cub!
- 10:30-11 a.m. & 12-12:45 p.m. & 3-3:45 p.m. Victorian Dance Ensemble: Enjoy dance performances and even learn a step or two
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. & 1-1:30 p.m. The Susquehanna Youth Ballet in Residence at EMC Performing Arts Studio, Ashley Spears, Director: Witness the grace that the Gilded Age has inspired
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. & 1:30-2:30 p.m. Eric Henning: Delight in old-fashioned magic
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. MICA Thespian Club: Catch a performance of Mark Twain’s ‘Twain plus Twain’
ART ACTIVITIES (10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- The World’s Fair Sculptures – Paris’ Tower & Chicago’s Great Wheel
- Curating and Collecting
- Photo Booth Art
- For the Love of Landscapes