Join us for a morning of accessible museum programming designed specifically for children with Sensory Processing Disorders and their entire family.
Educators from the Walters Art Museum and therapists from Kennedy Krieger Institute will be present for the entirety of the event. We are here to help your family have a great time!
Accommodations will be made in consideration of unique sensory needs. Visual resources, tactile activities, sensory breaks, hand fidgets, and opportunities for guidance and structured support will be available throughout the galleries.
Visit our Student Art Exhibition featuring works by young artists from the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) at Kennedy Krieger Institute.
• Kids being kids!
• Children’s voices
• Weighted blankets and weighted vests
• Earplugs and headphones
• Hand fidgets
• Sensory breaks
• Wheelchairs and other mobility devices
• 9–11 a.m. Art activity in a private studio, with adjoining space for quiet time and sensory breaks
• 9–11 a.m. Self-guided tours and hands-on activities throughout our Chamber of Wonders
• 10 a.m. Doors open to the public; activities continue
Advance registration required. E-mail Colleen Oyler at email@example.com, or call 410-547-9000, ext. 300.
To learn how you can sponsor the next Sensory Morning, please contact Katarina Ziegler at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 410-547-9000, ext. 614