Saturday, March 21, 2015
Join us in honoring the rich African American culture that has made our world a beautiful place through music, story, and art. Enjoy captivating performances, innovative art activities, and much more. This event is free and open to the public. No registration required; just walk in and enjoy!
- 12:30 PM Wombwork Productions Next Generation Art Ensemble: Standing on the Shoulders of our Ancestors
- 1:00 PM Dr. Anthony Brown: Select Songs
- 1:30 PM Urban Foli: Drummers and Dancers
- 3:00 PM Sandra Y. Johnson: A Celebration of Baltimore
- 10 AM-4 PM Reginald F. Lewis Museum, Baltimore County Cultural Festival, and Benjamin Banneker Historical Park and Museum
- 11 AM-3 PM Larry Poncho Brown, Artist
- 1 PM-4 PM Pixilated Photo Booth
Drop-in art activities throughout the museum from 10 AM-4 PM
- Charm City: Consider the influence of African American culture on Baltimore and build your own “charm city.”
- Our Baltimore: Flags can communicate who you are, where you are from, or what you are proud of. Design a flag that represents your Baltimore.
- Baltimore Band Stand: Create instruments to celebrate Baltimore’s African American music heritage.
- B’More – Reach for the Stars: Learn about Baltimore’s African American freedom fighters and contribute to a collaborative art piece.