Join us for a morning of accessible museum programming designed specifically for children with Sensory Processing Disorders and their entire family. We welcome participants an hour before the museum opens to the public, allowing families to enjoy the collections of the Walters Art Museum during quiet, less stimulating hours.
Educators from the Walters Art Museum and therapists from Kennedy Krieger Institute will be present for the entirety of the event. We are here to help your family have a great time!
Accommodations will be made in consideration of unique sensory needs. Visual resources, tactile activities, sensory breaks, hand fidgets, and opportunities for guidance and structured support will be available throughout the galleries.
- Kids being kids!
- Children’s voices
- Weighted blankets and weighted vests
- Earplugs and headphones
- Hand fidgets
- Sensory breaks
- Wheelchairs and other mobility devices
- 9–11 a.m. Art activity in a private studio, with adjoining space for quiet time and sensory breaks
- 9–11 a.m. Self-guided tours and hands-on activities throughout our Renaissance and Baroque Galleries
- 10 a.m. Doors open to the public; activities continue
Advance registration required. E-mail Colleen Oyler at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 410-547-9000, ext. 300.
To learn how you can sponsor the next Sensory Morning, please contact Katarina Ziegler at email@example.com, or call 410-547-9000, ext. 614.