Classroom visits are led by professional museum educators who come to your school to prepare students for their trip to the Walters Art Museum.
Visits are available in advance of most school tours and can be customized to connect to classroom learning. Visit experiences are driven by students’ curiosity and include interactive discussion of works of art from the Walters’ collection along with hands-on activities that prepare students for their museum trip. The visits are free for in-state students.*
- Visits are available September through June and last for 45–60 minutes.
- Teachers must be present during all presentations.
- Visits are limited to schools within a 50-mile radius of the museum.
- A minimum of 15 students must be present for an educator to visit your school.
- Classroom visits are scheduled for a Monday or Tuesday in the weeks prior to your scheduled museum visit. Some classroom visits are not available for all grade levels.
To book a classroom visit to accompany your museum trip please complete the school tour registration form and include the “classroom visit” selection. Confirmation letters for classroom visits and museum trips will arrive by email after programs are scheduled.
* While classroom visits are FREE, a voluntary contribution of $3 per student will help the Walters sustain and support educational programs.