Calling all Scouts! The Walters Art Museum invites Scouts of all ages to learn about the wonderful world of art while working toward merit badges. This interactive, two-hour program includes:
- Guided tour of selected artworks by a trained educator
- Hands-on art activity based on specific badge and belt loop/pin guidelines
- Specially designed Walters participatory patch
Private workshops are available for Scout groups focusing on the merit badge themes listed below.
- Daisy Girl Scouts – Red petal
- Brownie Girl Scouts- Painting; Potter
- Junior Girl Scouts- Drawing; Jeweler
- Cadette Girl Scouts- Comic Artist; Book Artist
- Webelos- Art Explosion
- Tiger Cubs- Stories in Shapes
Price: $10 per Scout; no charge for adult chaperones. Pre-registration is required. Cancellation Policy: A minimum of 10 scouts is required for each workshop. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop due to low registration. We will confirm schedule changes via email. If you have registered for a workshop that has been canceled, you will receive a full refund. For Private Scout Workshops, the price is $10/Scout. We require a minimum of 10 Scouts or $100.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
10:30 AM–12:30 PM
Guided by museum educators, Scouts of all ages will engage in art focusing on portraiture from different eras and cultures. After a guided gallery tour scouts will paint their own portrait in the studio.
Sunday, November 12, 2017
01:00 PM–03:00 PM
Guided by museum educators, Scouts of all levels will engage in art focusing on portraiture from different eras and cultures. After a guided gallery tour scouts will paint their own portrait in the studio.