Help us bring the stories of the Walters to life.
The Walters Art Museum seeks a dynamic and innovative storyteller to fill the position of Digital Media Associate in the Marketing & Communications Department. We need someone with fresh ideas and great instincts, who works quickly and nimbly and has the ability to create compelling content in a range of formats and across multiple platforms.
The position reports to the Communications Manager and works collaboratively with colleagues in a collaborative, goal-oriented team, as well as interdepartmentally to create and produce high quality, unique, experiential stories, that engage audiences, build support, and increase awareness of the Walters. S/he is the primary creator for digital communication materials including interactive social media posts and the monthly e-newsletter among other digital communications.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Tell compelling stories about the Walters through social media platforms, including new photography and video concepts. Cultivate a consistent, engaging, and approachable voice.
- Collaborate with our team to seamlessly integrate digital media into the Walters Art Museum’s strategic vision and mission.
- Build an online community of art lovers across the Walters’ social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), increasing the organization’s reach and strategically engaging our audiences.
- Create a consistent identity across social media platforms, in alignment with strategic plan and new visual identity.
- Mobilize our supporters by producing email marketing materials that inspire interaction and boost attendance.
- Monitor the news cycle and use digital media tools to amplify stories that are key to the Walters’s strategic priorities.
- Monitor online conversations and respond in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Draft original content and adapt existing content from various sources to engage a variety of audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with digital trends and suggest new platforms when appropriate.
- Assist in determining quantitative and qualitative assessment methods and use that information to refine communications strategies.
- Generate reports to inform internal stakeholders about overall digital engagement as well as the effectiveness of specific campaigns.
- Observe and escort out-of-house video content creators.
- Attendance at some evening and weekend events is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including some web support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of digital media experience, on a full-time or freelance basis.
- Outstanding written and visual storytelling skills.
- Experience/knowledge in storytelling using various tools including video for multiple uses and platforms including social media.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to be diplomatic and balance trade-offs among multiple interests.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at once, and respond to changing and new projects and priorities with grace and confidence.
- Eye for good, consistent graphic design.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, flexibility in a dynamic work environment, and appreciation for a fast-moving agile organization.
- Proficiency using graphic design and video editing related software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.
Job Type: Full-time
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, subsidized transportation and parking, museum membership, FSA (flexible spending account), 457b retirement, and free professional financial management counseling.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration, send your résumé and cover letter including salary requirements to [email protected].
The Walters Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. Our policy prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy applies to all employment actions and complies with all provisions of federal, state, and local laws enforcing nondiscrimination in employment practices. Volunteering opportunities and employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at-will employer.