The Walters Art Museum seeks an individual for a Part Time Café Assistant to work in the Museum Café operations. Reporting to the Manager of Retail Operations, the individual will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to the museum’s visitors.
- Being knowledgeable of all food products, availability, location, etc; serving customers in a professional manner and conducting all sales tractions on the POS system, including cash, credit card and checks; providing assistance to the Lead Café Assistant to ensure that HACCP plan and SOP are completed daily and all health and safety procedures for food service are followed.
- Handling Café goods and equipment in accordance with Café procedures and practices by preparing beverages using specialty equipment and assisting with food preparation as required; monitoring and cleaning Café work area; ensuring all supplies and food cabinets are stocked and ready for full service; ensuring close down procedures are followed at the end of the day and secured for next day business.
- Adhering to museums standards and procedures, maintaining neat and clean appearance, performing all safety procedures, answering telephone; following assigned schedules and responding to visitors inquires.
- Performing other duties as required.
- High School diploma, minimum of 2 years retail/food service experience.
- Familiarity with general operation of a café/food service establishment.
- Strong interpersonal and proven customer service skills; a team player and able to work professionally with the public.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a POS system.
- Must be 21 years of age to serve alcohol.
- 12-20 hours per week, Thursday Nights from 5pm to 9pm and Sundays from 9:30 to 5:30pm. Requires flexibility to work some additional hours during the week as needed.
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, subsidized transportation and parking, museum membership, short-term disability, FSA (flexible spending account), 457b retirement, and free professional financial management counseling.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walters Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. Our policy prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy applies to all employment actions and complies with all provisions of federal, state, and local laws enforcing nondiscrimination in employment practices. Volunteering opportunities and employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at-will employer.
The Walters Art Museum is a smoke and drug free workplace.