The Walters Art Museum has an immediate part time opening for a Part Time Relief Gallery Officer to work from Wednesday thru Sunday from 11:00am to 3:30pm in the Security Department. The incumbent will have responsibility for providing security for the Museum’s collection and Special Exhibitions by patrolling the galleries as assigned. Reporting to the Dayshift Gallery Supervisor, the individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Patrolling the galleries to provide a safe environment for the visitors and staff; detecting and reporting safety hazards, improper behavior, ill or injured persons and taking immediate action against conditions which may cause damage, injury or interference with normal museum operations and reporting unusual incidents to the Security Supervisor.
- Protecting the security of the art to ensure proper care by observing and inspecting the condition of the artwork; preparing the galleries for daily operation and operational issues and damages to the Supervisor
- Interacting with the visitors by providing information, facilitating special needs situations, as necessary and implementing museum procedures.
- Providing break reliefs for Gallery Officers.
- S. diploma/GED; at least one (1) year of previous experience in a customer service and/or security field.
- Strong and written and verbal communication skills; able to document details in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, public relations and customer services skills; able to effectively communicate with visitors and staff at all levels, and representatives of outside agencies.
- Must be attentive and alert; able to evaluate problems, determine causes of events and respond to all types of emergencies calmly when performing under pressure.
- Able to stand, walk for a long period of time, and walk up and down stairs.
- Satisfactory investigative background check required.
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, subsidized transportation and parking, museum membership, short-term disability, FSA (flexible spending account), 457b retirement, and free professional financial management counseling.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration, send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walters Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. Our policy prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy applies to all employment actions and complies with all provisions of federal, state, and local laws enforcing nondiscrimination in employment practices. Volunteering opportunities and employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at-will employer.
The Walters Art Museum is a smoke and drug free workplace.