Our Retail Operations associates are some of the best and brightest in the area. Join our team of dedicated individuals focused on welcoming visitors to the Walters Art Museum. Our Retail Operations Associates are responsible for all sales activities and duties in our Museum Store and Café, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, providing product information and completing all sales transactions. Use your great interpersonal skills, work in a gorgeous environment with a flexible schedule and grow your knowledge and skills with our energetic team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares assigned area for daily sales with appropriate checklist assuring all displays are clean and properly stocked, all supplies are available and ready to use.
- Maintains assigned area during the day: assuring excellent care of customers, cleanliness of area and restocking of supplies and inventory as needed
- Alerts supervisor with any updates, issues, need for assistance.
- Ensures close down procedures are followed for end of day and area is clean and ready for full service for following day.
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Ensures accurate processing of all cash and credit card sales transactions in the Cafe or Museum Store POS system.
- Completes daily reconciliation of cash drawers with end of day manifest. Retains all paperwork related to sales and inventory.
- Prepares deposit/POS paperwork for review by supervisor.
- Assures cash drawers and daily deposits are placed in appropriate safe.
- Takes inventory as needed to alert supervisor for reorders.
- Follows assigned schedules and ensures accurate processing of time card
- Customer service:
- Greets customer in friendly manner with a smile.
- Acknowledges customer by promptly giving them efficient and attentive service.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of all food products and merchandise, their availability and location in order to assist customers efficiently.
- Expertly handles all other types of inquiries re: best sellers, new merchandise, information on Walters merchandise, seasonal items, age appropriate gifts and more. Familiar with directions, museum exhibits or can refer visitor to Visitor Services.
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance and wears Walters ID badge at all times
- Education: Minimum Requirement: High School/GED
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ Food/Retail experience
- Knowledge: Familiar with general operation of retail service.
- Willing to learn basic museum facts to assist customers
- Skills: Proven customer service ability.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Abilities: Able to lift 50 lbs. Able to complete light housekeeping duties.
- Willing to learn and adapt to new situations
Position is part-time Wednesday through Sunday shifts available. Must be available at least one weekend day shift per week.
The Walters Art Museum provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, subsidized transportation and parking, museum membership, short-term disability, FSA (flexible spending account), 457b retirement, and free professional financial management counseling.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration, send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Walters Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. Our policy prohibits discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy applies to all employment actions and complies with all provisions of federal, state, and local laws enforcing nondiscrimination in employment practices. Volunteering opportunities and employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at-will employer.
The Walters Art Museum is a smoke and drug free workplace.