You can make a significant gift to the Walters without impacting your estate.
Here’s how you can leverage your dollars to make a larger gift by naming the Walters as a beneficiary in your will or trust.
- No federal income tax is due on the funds that pass from your retirement plan to the Walters.
- The funds are not subject to a federal estate tax.
- As a non-profit, the Walters receives 100% of your intended gift.
- You are able to make a significant gift to the museum.
Follow these Steps:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan to complete or update your POD (Pay on Death) form. This form may also be called a beneficiary designation form.
- Designate the Walters to receive all or a percentage of the assets in your retirement fund.
- Contact us about your plans.