A charitable annuity is a contract between a donor and a charity.
As a donor, you make a sizable gift to the Walters using cash, securities, or possibly other assets. In return, you become eligible to take a partial tax deduction for your donation, plus you receive a fixed stream of income from the museum for the rest of your life.
- Receive dependable cash-flow for life, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- In many cases, receive payments at a rate higher than the interest you are currently receiving on investments.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax-free.
Follow these Steps:
- Transfer cash or securities to the Walters Art Museum. Our minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- The Walters pays fixed payments for life to you, yourself and a spouse, or any two beneficiaries you name.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 65 years of age at the time of the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to the Walters when the contract ends.