School tours support the development of 21st century skills through interactive conversations surrounding works of art. Customizable tour themes are available for all PK-12 subjects, are tailored to your students’ curiosity, and can be paired with most classroom visit and/or studio experiences..
- Guided tours are available Tuesday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- The museum is closed to the public on Tuesdays. Groups with guided tours on Tuesdays are not permitted to tour the galleries without a docent.
- A limited number of tours are available on Fridays throughout the 2017-2018 school year. Groups larger than 50 students are encouraged to register for visits Tuesday-Thursday.
- A minimum of 10 students within comparable grade levels is necessary for a guided tour.
- Self-guided visits are available Wednesday-Sunday. Self-guided groups are encouraged to visit after 12 pm and must share gallery space with scheduled guided tours. Advance registration is required.
- Tours are also offered for college and university students and faculty.
Prepare for a School Tour
Review Tour Options
Book a free museum experience for your students and discover how our museum tours and programs align with the Common Core Standards. Many of the school tours have outreach and studio components available, as indicated on the complete listing of school tours.
Important Information about School Tours
More information on arrival details, admission fees, late arrival policies, lunch facilities, bus stipends and inclement weather policies
Register for a School Tour
Use the online registration form for guided and self-guided tours. After your online registration form has been submitted, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. If you do not see the confirmation page, we have not received your form. Please be sure that you have filled out all required fields.
Or, download the form and fax (410-837-4886) or mail it to: The Walters Art Museum, Department of School Programs, Attn: Tour Scheduler, 600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Registration forms for guided tours should be submitted 6 weeks prior to the earliest requested tour date. Phone requests are not accepted. If selections are confirmed, you will receive written confirmation approximately three weeks after we receive your form.
Guided Tours for PK-12 Summer Groups
Guided tours are available for PK-12 summer groups. Admission is $4 per person for guided tours.
- A minimum number of 10 students of the same age is needed for a guided tour
- Bus stipends, studios and outreach visits are not available
- Tuesday tours are not available
- Please schedule your guided tour at least 4 weeks in advance