Classroom Pre-Visit Program
- are FREE for in-state students!*
- prepare students and build excitement for the museum field trip
- connect to classroom learning
- are led by professional museum educators who come to your school
- are available for most school tours
- include a hands-on activity and discussion
- can be further extended with a studio experience at the museum
About the Visits
- Visits are available September through June and last 45-60 minutes
- Teachers must be present during all presentations
- Visits are limited to schools within a 50-mile radius of the museum*
- A minimum of 15 students must be present for an educator to visit your school
- Educators are available to come to your schools on Mondays and Tuesdays. Museum visits typically take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Some classroom pre-visits are not available for all grade levels
- A limited number of bus stipends are available for Maryland Title I schools. If eligible, please indicate your request on your form and we will contact you. You will not automatically receive a stipend if you request one
To book a classroom pre-visit and accompanying museum trip and studio experience, please fill out the tour request form and check the appropriate boxes. An educator will contact you to schedule your classroom visit and museum experience.
Confirmation letters for classroom pre-visits will arrive by email once your classroom and museum trip have been scheduled.
* While classroom pre-visits are FREE, a voluntary contribution of $3 per student will help the Walters sustain and support educational programs.
Walters Across Maryland is a museum-school partnership designed to serve schools within the state of Maryland beyond a 50 mile radius of the museum.
A museum educator will guide students through a virtual tour of the galleries while you share your comments and questions.