The Walters recognizes that fellowships are an important instrument in fostering an environment conducive to research and learning. The museum offers a number of fellowship opportunities for young scholars.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Transporting Sculptures and Transferring Prestige: Architectural Reuse and the Hoysala Style in the Andal Shrine of Belur, Karnataka
Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellow in the Department of Islamic and South Asian Art
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Madame de Pompadour’s Indiscreet Jewels: A Recent Discovery
Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellow in the Department of 18th- & 19th- Century Art
The Hall Fellowship provides undergraduate and graduate students at the Johns Hopkins University with an opportunity to gain a substantive understanding of the museum profession. Fellows work on one or more specific projects in the curatorial division for a period of up to 14 weeks.
This fellowship is designed to provide curatorial and museum training for advanced graduate students in the Department of History of Art at the Johns Hopkins University. It supports half-time work on the fellow's dissertation and half-time work as curatorial assistant in the Department of Manuscripts and Rare Books. Candidates must have completed their qualifying exams and have begun dissertation research at the start of the fellowship.
The Walters Art Museum offers two Mellon curatorial fellowships. These fellowships are for a minimum of two years, renewable for a third, for young scholars who have completed their doctorate and are beginning their museum careers.
This two-year fellowship is for a talented young conservator to gain experience working on museum projects and develop an independent research project. Applicants must be a graduate of a recognized conservation training program or have equivalent experience.
- Elizabeth Bernick, Robert and Nancy Hall Fellow in Department of Renaissance and Baroque Art
- Katherine Kasdorf, Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellow in the Department of Islamic and South Asian Art
- Jessica Lamont, Robert and Nancy Hall Fellow in the Department of Renaissance and Baroque Art
- Alexandra Macchi, Samuel H. Kress Interpretive Fellow in the Department of Education and Department of Asian Art
- Meaghan Monaghan, Mellon Fellow in Paintings Conservation
- Emily Rodgers, Robert and Nancy Hall Fellow in Department of Asian Art
- Olivia Rodriguez, Robert and Nancy Hall Fellow in the Department of Asian Art
- Susan Wager, Mellon Postdoctoral Curatorial Fellow in the Department of 18th- & 19th- Century Art