RIGHTS AND REPRODUCTIONS
All photography on our website(s) is governed by Creative Commons Licensing and can be used without cost or specific permission. Artworks in the photographs are in the public domain due to age. The photographs of two-dimensional objects have also been released into the public domain. Photographs of three-dimensional objects and all descriptions have been released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License.
If you desire high-resolution digital images, please download the appropriate form below, complete it and return it by e-mail to Ruth Bowler (email@example.com).DOWNLOAD SCHOLARLY REQUEST FORM → DOWNLOAD COMMERCIAL REQUEST FORM →
Terms and Conditions for Use of High-Resolution Images Provided by the Walters Art Museum
- The credit line: The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore must be displayed with the image in printed materials / websites and at the end credits of film / video or television production.
- Only original photographic / digital materials supplied by the Photographic Services department of the Walters Art Museum may be used for reproduction. Use of copied materials is prohibited.
- The images supplied are not to be cropped or altered in any way without prior approval. If a detail is approved, the work DETAIL must appear in the caption.
- All rights granted are non-exclusive.
- Permission for publication is for one time use only.
- One gratis copy of the publication, CD or tape in which the museums image appears must be sent to the Photographic Services Department of the Walters Art Museum.
- The Walters Art Museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion to deny license to reproduce to any applicant without explanation.