Saturday, January 17, 2015
10:00 AM–04:00 PM
Come together to celebrate the life and achievements of one of our nation’s greatest heroes, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Through theatrical and musical performances, our special guests will help us reflect on the importance of free speech and diverse communities. Share your dreams, congratulate your personal heroes, and tell your stories through art projects and collaborative activities! Don’t miss one of the Walters' most popular festivals. Keep an eye out for Waltee, the Walters’ beloved lion cub!
Powerful People & Performances:
• 10 a.m. & 12 p.m. - MLK’s I Have a Dream speech, Graham Auditorium, Lower Level
• 11 a.m. - Baltimore Urban Debate League, Graham Auditorium, Lower Level
• 2 p.m. - Baltimore City College Choir, Sculpture Court, Level 2A
• 3 p.m. - Illstyle & Peace Productions featuring Styles & Moves Dance Theater Company, Graham Auditorium, Lower Level
10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Dream with Heart - Level 2A Sculpture Court
• Happy Birthday, Dr. King - Level 2A Sculpture Court
• Passport through Peace - Lower Level, Studio A
• Give Me a Sign - Lower Level, Studio B
• Collaborative Activity with Bea Gaddy Family Center - Level 2 Lobby
1 p.m.-4 p.m.
• Pixilated Photo Booth, Level 2 Lobby
Add to Calendar
Free Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Family Festival
Celebrate the life and achievements of one of our nation’s greatest heroes, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through theatrical and musical performances.
600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201 (The Walters Art Museum)
The Walters Art Museum
Rye Rocks at the Walters: A Drinks Party
Time: 07:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Celebrate William and Henry Walters, and their gift to the city of Baltimore, at a rye whiskey tasting sponsored by the Women's Committee.
Gallery Talk: Images of the African Diaspora in the Walters' Collection
Time: 06:30 PM - 07:00 PM
Jackie Copeland, Special Advisor on Strategic Partnerships, leads a half-hour-long tour and discussion exploring African American identity.
All Featured Events
ArtBytes 3 Hackathon
Date: 02/06/15 - 02/08/15
Time: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
The Walters Art Museum will host its third annual hackathon, ArtBytes 3, during which technology and creative communities work together to build programs and applications that enhance the museum experience for visitors.