The Walters Art Museum is pleased to offer opportunities for qualified undergraduate and graduate candidates to intern in various museum divisions throughout the year. Based on a system of supervised learning, the internships enable interns to understand how a museum operates and how to relate this experience to academic and professional goals. Credit can be arranged with your college/university.
- All individuals must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, as well as recent graduates
- Committed to the full duration of the internship assignment, including work schedule and punctuality
- Candidates will be subject to a favorable investigative background check report
All candidates will submit a cover letter, resume and all supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some internship positions require additional materials (see below). Please indicate your first and second choice of internship in your cover letter.
The Walters Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug and smoke free work workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at will employer.
Fall 2017 Internships
Studio Teaching Intern (September- June)
The Education Department seeks undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in gaining practical teaching experience in a museum setting to lead interactive and interdisciplinary studio art classes for K-12 students. Successful candidates are enthusiastic, motivated, resourceful, and dependable. These interns should have some knowledge or experience in teaching, museum education, art history and/or studio practices.
- Knowledge of museum/education theory and pedagogy, preferred
- Experience (formal or informal) working with children and/or teens
Preferred Major or Areas of Study:
- Museum Education
- Art History
- Studio/ Fine Art
In addition to the standard application materials, please provide two letters of reference (academic or professional). Application deadline is June 30, 2017.