Part Time Gallery Officers - Dayshift
Job Location: Operations
Part Time Gallery Officers – Dayshift: We have immediate openings for 2 individuals to work a minimum of 20 hours per week on the dayshift in the Security Department. The incumbents will have responsibility for preparing the galleries for daily operation, monitoring activities in the Museum and implementing museum procedures as needed:
- Patrolling the galleries to provide a safe environment for the visitors and staff; detecting and reporting safety hazards, improper behavior, ill or injured persons and taking immediate action against conditions which may cause damage, injury or interference with normal museum operations and reporting unusual incidents to the Security Supervisor.
- Protecting the security of the art to ensure proper care by observing and inspecting the condition of the artwork; preparing the galleries for daily operation and operational issues and damages to the Supervisor
- Interacting with the visitors by providing information, facilitating special needs situations, as necessary and implementing museum procedures.
- Working at special events as needed; monitoring the event activities and enforcing the Special Events policy when necessary.
- H.S. diploma/GED; at least one (1) year of previous experience in the security field and having sound knowledge of the security principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong and written and verbal communication skills; able to document details in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, public relations and customer services skills; able to effectively communicate with visitors and staff at all levels, and representatives of outside agencies.
- Must be attentive and alert; able to evaluate problems, determine causes of events and respond to all types of emergencies calmly when performing under pressure.
- Able to stand, walk for a long period of time, and walk up and down stairs.
- Flexibility to work as Essential Personnel; overtime and criminal background check required.
We offer an attractive benefits package.For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. An EOE/A smoke, drug and alcohol free environment.
- No Calls Please
The Walters Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug and smoke free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at will employer.