The Walters Art Museum is among America’s top 50 art museums. Situated in the historic Mt. Vernon district of Baltimore, the Walters has an internationally renowned collection of over 36,000 objects. It presents major exhibitions annually, has a world-class conservation studio and research program, and is a leader in education.
The Computer Support Specialist will advance the mission of the Walters by providing consistent support with server administration, user account maintenance and system documentation. Emphasis will be given to help desk support functions and participation in planning of future upgrades and technology enhancements.
Responsibilities include the following:
Network and Help Desk Support:
- Monitor, prioritize and respond to support requests in the IT ticketing system.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of network infrastructure/connectivity technology including switches, LAN, Telephone, Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
Administration and Maintenance:
- Oversee user accounts/groups, recommends and manage security permissions and develop and implement related security policies in partnership with the IT Manager.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities and maintenance of hardware, software, and other systems.
- Performs end-user client maintenance as related to database applications, including installation and troubleshooting.
Documentation and Training:
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Create and maintain user guides, manuals and documentation.
- Perform other duties as required
- AA degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Help Desk or IT support.
- Hands-on experience with Windows 7, 10 and Server 2012, 2016.
- Proficient with MS Office 2016 applications.
- Must have good organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- MCP or MCSE Certification
- Experience with MS SQL, MS Exchange and computer networking.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace