Gallery/Monitor Room Officer
Job Location : Administration & Operations
We have an immediate opening for an individual to work in the Security Department on the Day Shift. Responsibilities include:
- Patrolling the galleries to provide a safe environment for the visitors and staff; detecting and reporting safety hazards, improper behavior, ill or injured persons and taking immediate action against conditions which may cause damage, injury or interference with normal museum operations and reporting unusual incidents to the Security Supervisor.
- Protecting the security of the art to ensure proper care by observing and inspecting the condition of the artwork; preparing the galleries for daily operation and operational issues and damages to the Supervisor
- Interacting with the visitors by providing information, facilitating special needs situations, as necessary and implementing museum procedures.
- Working at special events as needed; monitoring the event activities and enforcing the Special Events policy when necessary.
- Monitoring the security of galleries and specific entry and exit points using CCTV cameras, detection devices, access control systems; environmental control alarm system, security access control computer for alarms and making proper notification to appropriate supervisor and/or other staff.
- Answering the telephone and radio transmissions; monitoring the activity of the Security staff in and around the museum to ensure safety, and alert the security supervisor to areas in need of special attention; placing emergency calls as directed to fire, police and other emergency agencies; and serving as the communications hub for the museum;
- Controlling access to the building from the Loading Dock; patrolling the museum checking for fire/safety hazards, vandalism, suspicious activity/improper behavior, and reports all unusual incidents to the security supervisor; responding to security, fire/safety, and other hazardous situations as directed;
- Providing professional customer service to visitors and staff; assisting the security supervisor in controlling incidents; preparing incident reports as required.
- H.S. diploma/GED; at least one (1) year of previous experience in the security field and having sound knowledge of the security principles, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with monitoring and controlling alarm systems, CCTV, security and fire alarm systems, and 2-way radio communications and other communication systems; background in preparing incident reports and use of computers and office software.
- Able to multi-task, properly assess and respond to emergency situations and take appropriate actions while performing under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, public relations and written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate and work with staff at all levels as well as representatives from outside agencies.
- Able to walk for a long period of time and walk up and down stairs in order to make security and safety patrols throughout the museum campus.
- Flexibility to work as Essential Personnel; overtime required.
- Criminal background check required.
We offer an attractive benefits package.For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NO CALLS PLEASE