Get closer to cracking the code of the mysterious Book of the Faiyum by becoming artist archeologists! Mark an X on your handmade aerial map and steer your boat in the right direction up the Nile River.
This November, we will roll open our scrolls and wrap our mummies together! Meet Egyptian gods and goddesses in our gallery and paint papyrus paper in our art studio – it’s no mirage!
Every Saturday and Sunday! No registration is required. Drop-in, make, and take a fantastic piece of art home with you!
Join museum educators as they help families create artful projects related to the collection, special exhibitions, and family programs. Check out our monthly themes and visit often to participate in a different project each weekend!
• November 2nd – 3rd – Artistic Aerial Maps
• November 9th – 10th – Gilded Gods & Goddesses
• November 16th – 17th – Papyrus Paintings
• November 23rd – 24th – Animal Mummies
• November 30th – 1st – Crocodile Scrolls