The Walters is pleased to offer a limited number of bus stipends to Title I schools throughout the state of Maryland. If you are interested in a bus stipend for your Title I school, please check the appropriate box on the registration form. This does not guarantee your bus stipend. If we are able to provide a bus stipend, you will receive information in your written confirmation letter.
- You must have a minimum number of 25 students to receive a bus stipend. If you bring fewer than 25 students your school will be responsible for the cost of the bus.
- We can only provide stipends for two buses per museum visit.
- Bus stipends are not available for summer programs, afterschool programs, or weekend tours.
- Bus stipends are only available for Maryland schools.
- We realize that some schools receive free/reduced meal plans yet are not categorized as Title I. If this is the case, please email us to discuss your specific situation.
- If we have arranged a bus stipend for your school and you cancel your tour with less than 48 hours’ notice, your school will be responsible for the cost of the bus.
- If you are scheduled to receive a bus stipend, all necessary paperwork must be received by the museum within 30 days of the field trip date. If we do not receive the paperwork within 30 days we will not be able to provide a stipend.
For more information, please email [email protected].
School programs at the Walters are funded through the generous support of Herman C. Bainder, The Ruth Carol Fund, City of Baltimore, B.J. and Bill Cowie, Citizens of Baltimore County, The Delaplaine Foundation, The Harry L. Gladding Foundation / Mr. and Mrs. Neal D. Borden, The Goldsmith Family Foundation, Ro & Marius P. Johnson Charitable Legacy, Inc., Howard County Government and the Howard County Arts Council, L’Aiglon Foundation, Maryland State Arts Council, Maryland State Department of Education, Joseph and Harvey Meyerhoff Family Charitable Funds, Robert E. Meyerhoff and Rheda Becker, Charles A. and Lois H. Miller Foundation, National Endowment for the Humanities, Dr. John J. and Jean Peters Pilch Memorial Fund, The Ruth T. Rauch Early Childhood Program Fund, The Rauch Foundation, Nora Roberts Foundation, The Ludwig and Nancy Sternberger Charitable Foundation, Toyota Financial Services, Truist Foundation, Venable Foundation, The Walters Women’s Committee Legacy Endowment, and the Gladys Winter Fund for Teacher Programs.