Saddle up as we explore equestrian artwork throughout the month of August! Design special silks for jockeys and race alongside the horses to hear the sounds their hooves make. Become inspired by stop-motion photography and build a stable of your very own. Neigh along with horses in our museum galleries and capture the grace of a pony in a portrait.
Every Saturday and Sunday! No registration is required. Drop-in, make, and take a fantastic piece of art home with you!
Join museum educators as they help families create artful projects related to the collection, special exhibitions, and family programs. Check out our monthly themes and visit often to participate in a different project each weekend!
August Activities Schedule
- August 3rd-4th – Stable Still Life
- August 10th-11th – Clip-Clop Collage
- August 17th-18th – Pony Portraits
- August 24th-25th – Jumping Jockeys
- August 31st-September 1st – Muybridge Movements