School tours enhance student learning, encourage higher-order thinking, and provide rich connections between the arts and other disciplines. They correspond to the Maryland State Curriculum for Language Arts, Social Studies, Visual Arts, Math, and Science and can be paired with most outreach and/or studio experiences.
Click on the following links to prepare for your tour:
More information on arrival details, admission fees, late arrival policies, lunch facilities, bus stipends and inclement weather policies
The online registration form for guided and self-guided tours
After your online registration form has been submitted, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. If you do not see the confirmation page, we have not received your form. Please be sure that you have filled out all required fields.
Or, download the form and fax (410-837-4886) or mail it to:
The Walters Art Museum, Department of School Programs, Att: Tour Scheduler, 600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Registration forms for guided tours should be submitted 4 to 6 weeks prior to the earliest requested tour date. Phone requests are not accepted. If selections are confirmed, you will receive written confirmation approximately three weeks after we receive your form.
About School Tours
- School tours are offered starting the Wednesday after Labor Day
- Guided tours are available Tuesday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesdays are only available October - May and groups are not permitted to tour the galleries without a docent on Tuesdays or before 1 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Click here for more information on self-guided tours.
- A minimum of 10 students within comparable grade levels is necessary for a guided tour.
Guided Tours for K-12 Summer Groups
Guided tours are available for K-12 summer groups. Admission is $4 per person for guided tours.
- A minimum number of 10 students of the same age is needed for a guided tour
- Bus stipends, studios and outreach visits are not available
- Tuesday tours are not available
- Please schedule your guided tour at least 4 weeks in advance