Saturday, October 23, 2010
10:00 AM–04:00 PM
We spy illusions, tricks, and secrets galore! Tip toe around the museum in search of hidden objects, create inventive works of art, and celebrate the special exhibition Walter Wick: Games, Gizmos, and Toys in the Attic
. Performers will dazzle all ages with feats of fantasy, artist and author Walter Wick will stop by to sign his books and say hello, and a sense of wonder will be experienced by all! Be sure to check out student artwork from a Maryland Student Competition inspired by Walter Wick, author of Can You See What I See?
books and co-creator of the I Spy book series. Come early to receive a special giveaway and enjoy free admission to the special exhibition on this day only.
Schedule of Events
Amazing Art Activities!
- 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.: Robot City Dioramas -Studio A
- 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.: Jolly Rodger Windows -Studio B
- 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.: 3D Doodles & Secret Messages – Level 2 lobby
- 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.: A Glimpse Behind the Scenes with Walter Wick – Auditorium
- 12:30-1:45 p.m.: Variety Show of Wonders – Auditorium
- Hosted by Entertainer Extraordinaire Crazy Karl! Featuring the Wonders of David London, Velocity and her magical hoops, and Phydeaux’s Flying Fleas!
- 3:00 p.m. GRAND FINALE: Galumpha presents The Human Jungle Gym – Auditorium
Book signings by Walter Wick himself!
- 10:00-10:45 a.m. & 2:00-3:00p.m. on the Sculpture Court
- 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.: Walter Wick Student Competition and Awards - Sculpture Court Meet the students!
- 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.: Charm City Circulator - Level 2 lobby
- 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.: Meet & Greet Stilt Walker Laura Lydia – Centre Street Entrance
- 1:30 – 3:15 p.m.: Face Painting by A Face in the Crowd – Level 3 Lobby
- 2:30-3:00 p.m.: Phydeaux’s Flying Flea Circus & Wahoo Medicine Show - Sculpture Court
Plus, create fall food art at the Let’s Eat! Charles Street
festival from 12:00-5:00p.m.
Add to Calendar
FREE Family Festival of Wonders
We spy illusions, tricks, and secrets galore! Tip toe around the museum in search of hidden objects, create inventive works of art, and celebrate the special exhibition Walter Wick: Games, Gizmos, and Toys in the Attic. Performers will dazzle all ages with feats of fantasy, artist and author Walter Wick will stop by to sign his books and say hello, and a sense of wonder will be experienced by all! Enjoy free admission to the special exhibition today only.
600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201 (The Walters Art Museum)
The Walters Art Museum
Time: 05:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Save the date for our next Super Thursday party, which will celebrate the closing of The Janet & Walter Sondheim Artscape Prize 2014 Finalists Exhibition. Enjoy music and drinks on the sculpture court, explore the museum, and see the work of outstanding contemporary artists in the area. This event is free and open to the public. Please enter through Centre Street.
Bonneau Caprece Jazz Series and WEAA 88.9 FM presents Jazz @ The Walters
Time: 06:30 PM - 09:00 PM
Firm Roots featuring Brad Collins performs. Experience the hybrid of jazz, blues, funk, and R&B inspired by the traditions of organic American music interpreted by Brad Collins, one of Baltimore's favorite saxophone players. Tickets are $25 (20% off for members of the Walters and WEAA 88.9 FM.)
All Featured Events
Member Tour - The Doris Duke Collection: Treasures and Treatments
Time: 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
We invite members to join Meg Craft, Head of Objects Conservation, and Stephanie Hulman, Assistant Conservator of Objects, for a look at the Doris Duke collection and its necessary treatment.