Calling all Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts! The Walters Art Museum invites Scouts of all ages to learn about the wonderful world of art while earning merit badges. This interactive, two-hour program includes:
- Guided tour of selected artworks by a trained educator
- Hands-on art activity based on specific badge and belt loop/pin guidelines
- Specially designed Walters participatory patch
Price: $10 per Scout; no charge for adult chaperones. Pre-registration is required.
Scout Museum Days Spring 2013: Travel the Silk Road
- Saturday, March 2, 1-3 p.m.: Brownie Girl Scouts Museum Day
- Saturday, March 3, 1-3 p.m.: Cub Scouts Museum Day
- Saturday, March 9, 1-3 p.m.: Jr. & Brownie Girl Scouts Museum Day
- Saturday, March 16, 1-2:30 p.m.: Daisy Scouts Museum Day
On foot, camel, or horse, wander the many paths of the Silk Road! Join our caravan of artisans and imagine life as a tradesman as we explore The Walters’ Asian art collection. Spend your afternoon exchanging goods, lending ideas, and sharing stories with one another as we marvel at the treasures of ancient China. Guided by a Museum Educator, your scouts’ voyage through deserts and over rivers will showcase the sights, sounds, and stories of Asia. Embark on a journey to our studios to create a work of art inspired by the scenes, creatures, and natural elements found in the galleries. Daisy Girl Scouts will work towards their Rosie Petal, Brownie Girl Scouts will works towards their My Family Story badge, Junior Girl Scouts will work towards their Playing the Past badge, and Cub Scouts will work towards their Art Academics Pin or Belt Loop during this interactive, two-hour exploration!
Contact (410) 547-9000, ext. 325 or email@example.com for more information. Pre-registration is required.
Private Scout Workshops
You may also contact the museum to schedule private workshops for your scout group (minimum of 10 scouts) focusing on Daisy, Brownie, Junior Girl Scout or Cub Scout themes such as:
- Art to Wear
- Building Art/Art in 3D
- Ceramics and Clay
- Collecting Hobbies
- Colors and Shapes
- Drawing and Painting
- Her Story/Women's Stories
- Playing Around the World/Toymaker
- Red Petal (Daisy Girl Scouts)
- Visual Arts
- Art Pin or Belt Loop
- Knights in Shining Armor
- Photography Pin or Belt Loop
*We have been informed that specific merit badges have been discontinued and may no longer be produced. Scout groups may still elect to choose these themes for private workshops if they wish. Museum educators are happy to customize workshops as needed. Senior Girl Scouts and Cadettes may contact the museum to work towards earning their Museum Discovery Interest Project on an independent basis.